Am I tired of eating and writing about eating mangoes??….. NO SIR!
As you could have imagined, mango was included in my breakfast today:
· Pomegranate granola
· Chia Seeds
Mango is considered a super fruit because of all its’ outstanding nutritional value. It also called “the king of fruits” and I must say the name suits it just right!
1. A Nutritional Gem- Rich in Amino Acids, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Beta carotene, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, and pre-biotic dietary fiber.
2. Cancer Fighting Fruit- New research states that mango protects against leukemia, colon, breast, prostate cancers. The soluble dietary fiber mangoes contain may lower the risk of cancers in the gastrointestinal tract.
3. Super Vision- The antioxidants in mangos promote good eye sight and maintain healthy skin and mucus membranes
4. Mango Loves Your Heart- This potassium rich fruit helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
5. Digestion- The digestive enzymes in mangoes help aid digestion, break down protein, soothes acidity and keep you regular.
6. Anemia Be-Gone- The iron content in mangoes is great for pregnant women and people suffering from anemia.
7. Fight the Heat- Juice an unripe steamed mango with cumin, rock salt and sugar for a pectic rich heat stroke and exhaustion fighting machine!
At about 70-75 calories per mango, there is no reason not to indulge!
My favorite way to eat mango is with yogurt, in a smoothie or by itself. What is your favorite way to eat the king fruit?